Sunday, March 13, 2005

Random Sunday - Shooting Star Edition

Here's some interesting tidbits from the rails of the Bay 101 Shooting Star tournament.

Considering how unimpressive Bay 101 is I was shocked to find 2-ply toilet paper in the restroom.

Erick Siedel obviously arrived at the tourny straight from the airport. He was in the process of leaving his suitcase with the coat check when I first saw him.

At one point I am sure I saw Phil Gordon taking a little nap at his table. His headphones were on and his eyes were closed. I hope he didn't drool on the cards.

Phil Gordon was signing autographs when Layne Flack approached with his shirt open a bit. He pointed to a spot on his chest and asked Phil to sign there. It would have been hilarious if Phil had actually done it.

Not only did a guy 2 feet from me get tickets for the Friday final table, he was also interviewed by the local news. I guess I shouldn't complain, I was seen in the background on at least 2 different news broadcasts.

Gus Hansen makes the funniest faces when he is bored or when someone at his table makes a dumbass play.

"He doesn't look like Spider-man?" Reaction of many people after they found out the scruffy looking guy sitting next to James Woods was Tobey McGuire.

I think Phil Hellmuth needs some Ritilin. He can't seem to sit still for more than a few minutes at a time. He was all over the room during the tournament.

I'm sure that while I was growing up my grandmother told me about these people called gentlemen. I only found one on day 4 of the tournament. Every other man I encountered had no problem moving in front of me and practically shoving me out of the way to see the tables.

Antonio Esfandiari likes to drag out his decisions. It was funny to see the collective sigh of relief from the other players at his table when he finally folded his hand.

Scariest table would have to be the table with Paul Phillips, Phil Ivey, Todd Brunson, and Kent Washington. Honorable mention goes to the Gus Hansen, Chris Ferguson, Scotty Nguyen, and Randy Jensen table.

That about covers it. Good luck to all the participants in the WPBT HORSE tournament this evening. I'll probably be out by 6:30pm.

No comments: