Saturday, February 19, 2005

Unbelievable!

I just come to terms with the hockey season being canceled and now it seems they will be officially un-canceling the season, sometime today. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they are getting a deal done. I just don't know that I want to pay full price for tickets to an abbreviated season. Of course I don't exactly have the money to pay for them. I hit a rough patch in December and asked for a refund for canceled games. There is still some money in my account but I don't think it's enough for a short season and definitely not enough for playoff tickets. Oh well, I always wonder where the money is going to come from and I always figure it out. This time won't be any different (although offering a discount could go a long way with angry fans).

On the poker front, I was a winning player for a couple of hours yesterday. Now I am back to breaking even. Variance is a bitch!

UPDATE: Talks have stopped again with nothing new to report. At least now there are some actual hockey guys in on the talks (Gretzky and Lemieux).

Bring on the Daytona 500!!

No comments: