Tuesday, August 02, 2005

A Long Night That I'll Never Get Back

I am finally finished with my summer class, Medical Law and Ethics. This week we had to do a five minute presentation about a bioethical issue and if I never hear another word about stem cells, euthanasia, and right to die, it will be too soon. For some insane reason we voted last week to do all of the presentations in one night and I thought it was never going to end. Luckily I have mastered the art of looking like I am paying attention while my mind is actually wandering off to a world where I am married to Michael Easton and I play poker professionally.

I ended up doing my presentation about 2/3 of the way in, which was about the time most of the class was fidgity and obviously very bored. I knew that was about to change because I actually picked something interesting to do my report on. My topic was face transplants! From the moment I started I could tell the class was with me. I didn't hear anyone talking, no one got up for a "bathroom break", and every time I looked up their eyes were on me. It was pretty cool. Unfortunately we dove back down into the depths of boredom once I was finished.

So this means I am about one quarter away from being finished with school and I can't wait for this to end!

No comments: