Thursday, August 11, 2005

Just Call Me Lucky!

I had just won a $12 pot at the .25 table when I decided to enter the $3 tourney on Stars. I was hanging out in the Big Brother 6 chat room and needed something to do as I kept track of the HOH competition (heading into it's 6th hour if anyone cares). I really didn't think I would last long as my tournament game is sucking lately.

I actually did fairly well in the early part of the tourney, at one point I was in 20th place. The few times I went to showdown I actually won, even with the Hilton's (Queen's). Then I made my stupid move of the evening and lost a good portion of my stack. Basically, from that point on I was short-stacked.

After the second break, and with the bubble approaching, I managed to win enough chips to keep me alive but not comfortable. It was a struggle, but I made the money (top 135).

After the third break my only moves were fold or all-in, and this is where the luck really kicked in. I would get down to barely a big blind and finally get a decent hand. I would go all-in pre-flop and get anywhere from 1 to 3 callers. My hand would not necessarily be the best, but I would ultimately win. I think I did this about ten times, winning just enough to make it to the next rung on the payment ladder. Towards the end I had to go all-in at least once every orbit just to cover the blinds. It was crazy! My luck finally came to an end when I was forced all in with Q 6 off. I actually flopped a 6 and the turn was a Queen but I ended up being beaten by a better 2 pair, K 9. I was so close to the next payout but my luck had run out.

Of course 20th place out of 1398 isn't bad, even if I only made $16.

Here's my stats for those interested. Probably a little too tight but I'm still okay with the result.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 285 hands and saw flop:
- 17 out of 35 times while in big blind (48%)
- 6 out of 34 times while in small blind (17%)
- 16 out of 216 times in other positions (7%)
- a total of 39 out of 285 (13%)
Pots won at showdown - 17 of 19 (89%) - only lost the hand I went stupid on and the final hand.
Pots won without showdown - 6

No comments: