Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Complications

It's been over a month since my surgery and I figured I was in the clear as far as post surgery complications go but, as anyone who reads this blog knows, I'm an idiot! Over the weekend one of my incision sites started to give me problems and yesterday I had to visit the surgeon for a little procedure. I won't go into the gory details but I will say that the next time anyone tries to stick a needle into my abdomen, I'm kicking them in the junk and getting the hell out of there.

There was some good news this week as my co-worker/boss (depending on who you ask) had surgery and will probably be out for at least three months. It isn't anything life threatening and we knew it was coming but it's going to take me a couple weeks to get used to the peace and quiet that comes with her being out. I considered throwing a party to celebrate her departure but figured she'd kick my ass and have me fired. Unfortunately I need the benefits so I have to behave myself.

As for poker, I won another SNG the other night and had a second place finish the next night. In the first one I made a couple of early mistakes and was down to a chip and a chair when my patient side kicked in. I waited for good cards and managed to go into the final three with a decent chip lead. After a few hands of heads-up, it was all over and I went to bed a happy person. The second place finish was a similar come from behind game, except the other player had a huge chip lead going into heads-up.

It was a good thing I won some money in the SNG's because the ring games have been horrible for me lately. I take full responsibility for the losses but it really has sucked. I've been playing like an idiot and have deserved every loss I have encountered. Hopefully, by admitting to my stupidity, I can begin to turn my game around. No more chasing, no more playing marginal crap, NO MORE FISHY PLAY!! Something tells me that's a little easier said than done.

One last thing, to all those going to Brad-o-ween this weekend, have fun (although I think that is a given). More importantly, take lots and lots of pictures so I can spend a few minutes living vicariously.

No comments: