Sunday, August 21, 2005

Here We Go Again!

It looks as though some poker bloggers have made their reservations in Vegas for the next WPBT get together on the weekend of December 15th. I'll tell you right now that I will be there, I just have to rob a bank first. Even though I went through a lot at the June event, I had a good time, and saw the potential for a better time if I had actually been alive for the Saturday events. This time I plan to be healthy.

That being said, I realized last night while doing preliminary trip pricing, that the travel industry likes to screw the single traveler. Vacation packages are about the same price for one person as they are for two people. Tell me how that makes sense! Basically, I am being punished for traveling alone. So, I then went on to price airfare and hotel separately. I discovered that hotels charge five to ten dollars less a night if you say there will be at least two people in the room. If I claimed two people were sleeping in the room how would the hotel know that I wasn't telling the truth? I would think that all I would have to do is say my friend is flying in later. If anyone can see a flaw in this logic, please let me know.

I would also like to state that I have no problem sharing a room so if you are also planning to travel alone and would like to split that cost, let me know. I am looking at staying at the Sahara or Imperial Palace but will consider other accommodations if the price is right. Leave me a comment or e-mail me at
April9807 AT aol DOT com if you are interested.

Until next time.......(still got nothing).

No comments: