Friday, April 01, 2005

WPBT and Other Stuff

First I want to thank everyone for the comments on my previous post. The situation caused me to take a hard look at the hand and that is something I don't do often enough.

Lessons learned + still doing well in SNG's = it's all good!

As for the WPBT tournament on Wednesday, I think the words, I sucked, pretty much sum it up. Coming in 85th out of 109 is not going to move me up on the leaderboard. I just couldn't get into the game. I had been unexpectedly called into work that morning and proceeded to work the entire day by myself. I was exhausted by the time I got home and was in no condition to play poker. I was crippled after hanging on to AK for too long and finally ended up all-in with a pair of 3's. I already knew I was beat when I went all-in but I was too tired to care. One of these days I am going to play in a WPBT event and be well-rested and in perfect health, then you all better look out.

I took my winnings from Full Tilt and deposited them at Poker Stars for the tournament. I had planned to play some SNG's there to see if I could increase the bankroll. That's when I got an e-mail I couldn't refuse. Ultimate Bet is doing a 50% re-load bonus for today only. I always like the idea of getting free money for playing poker so I took the money out of PS and put it in UB. As of this moment I am in 3rd place in my second SNG so I think I can live with the decision. I also still have my original buy-in plus a little more over at Full Tilt as I have a bit more of my bonus to still clear. I also have free "come back and play" money at 3 other sites plus a mystery $50 in bonus money at Absolute (seriously, I have no idea how it got there and I hate clearing bonus at Absolute).

So I guess I'll be playing a lot of poker. My screen name is April98 almost everywhere so feel free to introduce yourself if you see me around.

Gotta go as I just took the lead in the SNG at UB!

No comments: