Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Back to the Grind

Poker has not been kind to me lately and by lately I mean since last Friday. I'm not exactly sure what's going on but I can't seem to do anything right. It all culminated last night when I lost two buy-ins on Ultimate Bet within about a 60 minute time span. If I had a set, someone had a better set. If I had a boat, someone had a better boat. The second buy-in was probably more of a stupidity loss (should have quit after the first loss) but I've blocked it all out so I can't say for sure.

I know what your saying....get Poker Tracker, it will help you figure out what you are doing wrong. Here's the thing, I downloaded the trial version of Poker Tracker on Sunday and ran it for about an hour while playing on Ultimate Bet. My head exploded soon thereafter. Seriously, all those numbers and statistics flying at me was way to overwhelming for my math disabled brain to take. I really don't know what to do. I don't want to pay the bucks for something that is going to leave me so frustrated I would rather listen to nails scraping across a chalkboard.

So I'm not sure what my next step is going to be. I want to make this Poker Tracker thing work but I get a headache just thinking about it. The only good news is that the losses haven't set me on a big downward spiral. I still have decent bankrolls left on Full Tilt and Ultimate Bet and I know, with patience, I can make the money back. Plus I have almost cleared my bonus on Full Tilt and can then consolidate my bankroll if I so choose.

For now, I am going to grind away and think things through. I have a birthday to hide from on Thursday. (I plan on eating cake with buttercream frosting all weekend long. Not that I need an excuse for cake, I'm just saying..) Maybe by Monday I'll be ready to dig down deep into my game and figure things out....... unless my head is hurting from all the sugar withdrawal because adding a math headache to a sugar headache is just asking for trouble.

No comments: