Sunday, July 17, 2005

Bad Timing

I can't believe my computer decided to shut off three minutes before the start of the Charlie tournament. I was ready to kick ass and, instead, ended up going out early because my brain decided to go on vacation. Having to re-boot the computer twice just threw off my focus. I would look at my hand and have no idea how to play it. It was like I had just sat down at the table for the first time ever without any clue of how to play. Oh well, it was for a good cause and I was able to railbird Joanne and Shelly after I got knocked out. Of course I also had the "celebrity table" open the whole time. That lucky Shelly actually got to play there for awhile! Maudie ended up taking Shelly out with what I would call the play of the tournament but I'll let them tell that tale.

Right before my computer shut off, Jason was talking about hockey and I was in the middle of my reply when the damn thing rebelled. I am excited that hockey will be back. I'm not mad at anyone anymore and I just hope the NHL can recover after a year of no play. The only bad part is that I can't afford to keep my season tickets. It's just not possible. I have switched to what is called Shark-Pak which is a 10-game package with some of the benefits of season tickets including priority for playoff tickets. As my dad reminded me, all the games will be on TV and I should have no problem getting tickets for any other game I may want to go to. It still kind of sucks though.

Actually what really sucks is that I have to go back to work tomorrow. I've been enjoying my time off even if it was for surgery recovery. I like my job but I am sick of one of my co-workers and I am not looking forward to seeing her again. The only thing making it better is that I have a job waiting for me with a very new business that my dad is involved in. Once they get the necessary capital and can start paying people I will be leaving the hospital and working from home (or Vegas, or anywhere I can hook up my computer). I can't say much more right now, but wish them luck as I think it will be a very profitable venture.

That's it for today. Thanks to everyone who planned the Charlie tourny and to those who donated. 144 people at $20 each equals a nice gift for the charity. May the poker gods shine down on you all!

No comments: