Friday, January 21, 2005

What Was I Thinking?

I just re-read my last post and it put me to sleep. Not exactly the type of material I had in mind when I started this blog but writing is not my greatest skill. That's actually another reason I started a blog, so I could improve my writing. I remember when I was young I loved to write. I was really into scary stories and even had one published in a yearly school publication. It was something about a young girl who was dared by her friends to go into this haunted house and they never saw her again. I don't think it was a very developed story but for fifth grade it was okay. As a matter of fact, I lot of my stories weren't fully developed. I would have a good beginning but somewhere around the middle it would start to fall apart and then I would end it because I didn't know what else to do or got bored with it.

Then came my high school years and, along with them, a lot of bad poetry. I mean truly, horrible and depressing poetry. Stuff about voids of darkness and the pain of always being alone. As you can tell, I did not enjoy high school very much but I survived and eventually stopped torturing myself with bad verse. After that I only wrote when a grade depended on it. Even so, in my college English class I managed to put together an essay that not only was chosen to be read to the entire class, but also was kept as an example to be used for future classes. Not to shabby for something I threw together the night before.

Anyway, if your still reading this you may be wondering why the hell I am sharing this information. It's because I want this blog to be the best it can be and to achieve that I'll have to experiment a bit to see what works and what doesn't ( I promise, no bad poetry). What I would really appreciate is some feedback from you, my loyal readers. If you have a suggestion, critique, or just want to say you like what you are reading, please feel free to leave me a comment or drop me an e-mail (as soon as I figure out how to link my e-mail address to the blog).

***Obligatory poker content: My thanks go out to a couple of my fellow poker bloggers as last night I finally found the blogger table at Party Poker. Next time I might actually say hello!

No comments: