Sunday, August 27, 2006

The Wheeze Busters Need Your Help!!

Hello to everyone currently reading this post. I'm about to ask for something that many before me have requested and, hopefully, you all aren't tapped out for the year just yet. That's right folks, it's my turn to ask for your charitable donations.

On September 30th I will be doing a 5K walk with some of my co-workers in an effort to raise money for the American Lung Association. Our team name is The Wheeze Busters and this particular walk is to raise funds for Asthma Research and Education programs. I think most of us know someone who suffers from Asthma and how devastating it can be. And if you don't think you know someone who has Asthma, think again because I have it.

I don't talk about my Asthma much because, compared to my other issues, it's not a big deal for me. I'm lucky in that I know what triggers mine and can easily stay away from those activities. I haven't had an attack in over 6 years and I've rarely needed any medication for mine. That makes me one of the lucky ones. Most people with Asthma don't have it so easy and some people even die if not properly treated.

Imagine doing some activity that normal people do every day and, suddenly, you start to feel like you can't catch you breath. You start coughing and start feeling like an elephant is sitting on your chest, crushing your ribcage. It gets harder and harder to breathe and you know that if you don't get help quickly, you may die. That is the reality for many Asthma sufferers every day.

So, I am asking for your donations, big or small, whatever you feel you can afford and maybe we can put a stop to this terrible disease once and for all.

Here is the direct link to my donation page. April's Page

Our team goal is $5000.00. I set my goal at $750 but my personal goal is to raise more money than anyone else on my team. I need your help to do that but please don't feel pressured, just because I've bragged to all my co-workers about how great you all are when it comes to charity, doesn't mean you have to help me out. (PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME LOOK BAD, I BEG YOU ALL).

Actually, whatever you can afford will be greatly appreciated and the person who gives the most will get the great honor of re-naming my blog for an entire week. I know it's not much of an incentive but I don't have much else to offer.

Thanks in advance for your donations and if anyone wants to help me out further by posting my donation page to your blog please feel free!

If you have any questions or concerns you can e-mail me directly at April9807 AT aol DOT com.

No comments: