Saturday, August 19, 2006

As I Sit Pondering

As I sit here on the couch watching the Degrassi every episode ever marathon, I wonder why my high school wasn't this cool. Then I remember that I live in the real world and my high school was in small town Maine. Sure, we had a Spinner, an Ashley, and probably a Marco, although he probably still hasn't come out, but they weren't nearly as good looking as these kids are. Seriously, I'd have loved high school if I had those faces to look at every day instead of the future rednecks of America.

Actually this is a good lead-in to some dreams I've been having lately. Basically, I go back to high school at my current age in an effort to do better in my classes. Talk about 10 kinds of wrong, why the hell would I want to go back to high school at 33! I had nothing in common with most of those people when I was their age, I'm pretty sure I have even less in common with teenagers now. Besides, if I go to a party where beer is present (and I would have to be drunk constantly if I went back to high school), I'm the one going to jail for contributing to the delinquency of morons. Those little fuckers would just lose their sports privileges for the rest of the quarter (happens every year in my hometown) while I shared a cell with Big Bertha.

I really have no point to this post but then I rarely have a point in any of my posts. I should re-name by blog "Totally Pointless" but what would be the point?

No comments: