Sunday, July 16, 2006

How a Fucking Douchebag Kept Me From Meeting Phil

It was the moment I had been waiting for since the second I heard about it, Phil Gordon, object of my lust, had arrived at the Caesars Palace poker room. As part of the festivities before the blogger tournament, my wonderful twin had arranged for a charity Roshambo tournament to benefit Phil's cancer charity. Phil was going to attend and participate in the tournament to assure a good turnout and I wasn't about to miss it.

Phil arrived and started mingling a bit while we were waiting for the program to start. I was chatting with John, awaiting my opportunity, when Phil approached. John spoke right up, introduced himself, and started to kiss Phil's ass (he wanted to set up an interview for later in the week). I was patiently waiting for my turn to say hi when this fucking douchebag started talking and WOULDN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP!! He was going on about how he is a Full Tilt Affiliate (code: April98) and plays 12 tables at a time. He was monopolizing Phil and nothing short of a kick in the junk was going to get him to stop (and don't think I didn't consider it). Even worse was the fact that I could tell Phil was looking for the nearest exit. Seriously, this guy was fucking annoying as hell. I was trying to find a way to interrupt without violence or rudeness but it wasn't happening. Next thing I knew the program was starting and I was shit out of luck!

And that, my friends, is how a fucking douchebag kept me from meeting Phil Gordon.

No comments: