Sunday, September 25, 2005

Random Sunday - It's All Gone

Poker

Every bit of money I deposited at Titan Poker is gone. It took me less than a week to lose it and I am leaving a nice amount of bonus dollars just sitting in my account going to waste. I will not be re-loading as I can't stand the software and since I can't seem to win there, I don't see the point. I should have known that I wouldn't win. Anytime anyone says the games are soft and anybody can win, I lose. I can't win at Party either.

Luckily, I still have money on Poker Stars and UB as well as some free money on various other sites. I think the new goal is to get my bankroll on Stars back to where I started and then consider moving my money somewhere else for a change of scenery. Maybe I'll go back to Full Tilt for a bit.

I did play the WPBT tourney on Tuesday night. I was knocked out by a bad beat in 30-something place. Same guy who knocked me out, took out Derek in an even worse beat. At least the chat room was fun.

Oh, I forgot to mention my 33rd place finish in the $5 Katrina charity tournament on Stars. I wasn't the longest lasting blogger but I had fun and it was nice to have a decent finish.

The Best Dog In The World

I really don't want to leave on a depressing note but I need to mention this because it fucking sucks. The day after my mom's birthday, and just a few days after her hospital stay, the best dog in the world got hit by a car. He was a gorgeous Rottweiler, Black Lab mix who was really just an overgrown puppy. My step-dad got him when he was a puppy to take on the road with him (he's a truck driver). He saved my step-dad's life on at least one occasion. Al was at a truck stop and a guy with a knife tried to rob him in the parking lot. The best dog in the world attacked the robber who ended up in jail, probably with a nice dog bite.

We'll never know why he chose that exact moment to run into the road. 2 seconds earlier or later and there may have been a different outcome but you can drive yourself crazy with those kind of thoughts. At least his death was instant and he didn't suffer. My step dad is blaming himself and my mom is really sad. It hit me when I realized that I couldn't hear him barking in the background while we talked on the phone. He was a good dog and he will be missed by many.

Until next time.....give your pet a great big hug.

No comments: