Saturday, September 20, 2008

How...

I'm supposed to head back to California next Thursday.  While I'm thrilled to get back to my life, I'm not sure it's the right time to leave.  The family drama isn't close to being over and in some ways has gotten worse while in others it is better.  I know I'm being cryptic but the details just don't need to be released on the Internet.  Anyway, my mom still needs me and I'm a little scared to leave her alone in her current situation.  So the question is, how do I leave someone who still desperately needs me?  

I can't stay here forever, I'm already going stir crazy and I'm very close to losing my job at the hospital.  What the hell am I supposed to do?  How good of a daughter do I have to be?  I've been a shoulder to cry on, a voice of reason, and I've loaned money that I don't have and probably won't see again....why do I still feel bad about leaving?

No comments: