Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Sometimes You Have To Give, To Get

San Jose Sharks fans across the Bay Area knew something was up when tonight's game started with no sign of players Brad Stuart, Marco Sturm, and Wayne Primeau in the line-up. Things became even more suspicious when we learned that they had been in the warm-up just minutes before. What the fuck was going on? To say the anticipation was killing me would be an understatement. My heart was beating through my chest and it wasn't time to take my heart pill.

See, the Sharks have not been playing well lately. As a matter of fact we have lost the last ten games. The local e-mail list has been clogged with trade rumors for the past week but we had no idea who would be going and what we would be getting in return. Everyone had their own opinion but not one was even close to the reality that was revealed, first on the internet, then on the game broadcast.

Tonight the Sharks made the biggest trade in their history when they traded Brad Stuart, Marco Sturm, and Wayne Primeau for the Boston Bruin's own Joe Thornton! JOE FUCKING THORNTON IS A SAN JOSE SHARK!!!!
Yeah, he's gonna look great in teal.

I'm sad to see Stuey, Sturm, and Primeau go, especially Stuart and Sturm as the only NHL team they have known is the Sharks. But players come and go, that's the nature of professional sports, and if I said the thought of having Joe Thornton on the team didn't thrill me, I'd be full of shit. His debut is Friday night and I, for one, can't wait.

No comments: