Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Restructuring

I went to work today only to discover our hospital is restructuring and 55 people were losing their jobs. Unfortunately, I was NOT one of those people. Seriously, what do I have to do to get out of this job? I can't leave voluntarily because I need the benefits but I would have no objection to being "restructured". I realize I would still lose my benefits but I really don't want to be there anymore, I just can't bring myself to resign. The job itself doesn't bother me it's some of the people I work with that I really don't care to be around anymore. It's been almost a year since the department lead accused me of faking a back injury and I haven't felt any loyalty to the hospital ever since. (Yes, there is more to the story but I'm not getting into it.)

Speaking of restructuring, my tournament game could obviously use some. I did so poorly in both the Wil Wheaton and the Saturdays with Pauly tournaments that I couldn't stand to write about it. I just felt "off" in both tourneys and still haven't figured out why so I don't see the point in reliving my misery. I don't think I'll be playing in Wil's tournament this week because I have to work on Friday and I don't think I'll be home in time. I will be playing in Pauly's tourney on Saturday so I can continue to compete for last place honors.

One last thing, I HAVE BOUGHT MY PLANE TICKETS FOR VEGAS!!!!! If anyone is arriving in Vegas on December 8th at around 11:30am to noon and wants to share a cab ride to the Imperial Palace, drop me an e-mail at April9807 AT aol DOT com. I'm looking to save money in any way I can so if you can help me out I would appreciate it.

Until next time.....may the tournament tables treat you well!

No comments: