Welcome back! It's been a long time since I wrote anything of substance on this blog but, hopefully, this is about to change. While on my walk today I decided to try something new, a regular series that I think may stimulate some discussion and possibly cause me to write more if a subject seems to be of particular interest. So, with that in mind I introduce my new series "Thoughts While Walking" (name subject to change if someone has a better title).
- Why do I spend so much time thinking about the people who obviously don't like me? They aren't wasting their time thinking about me so why do I waste time thinking about them.
- Why do I feel that everyone needs to like me? I don't like everyone I meet so I shouldn't expect everyone I encounter to like me.
- I say that I value honesty but, if someone came up to me and said they didn't like me, would I really appreciate their honesty?
- Would I want to know why someone doesn't like me? I'm not likely to make any significant change but knowing the reason may give me some insight that could help me in the long run.
- Bob Dylan may be a genius when it comes to writing lyrics but the dude can not sing. He would not even make it to Hollywood week on American Idol. (One of his songs came on my mp3 near the end of the walk.)